11.24.2009

Return



As other bird bloggers I've confided in know, I've been thinking about retiring my blog for sometime, primarily due to lack of inspiration and "blogligation." However, the straw that finally broke the camel's back and temporarily sapped me of what little inspiration remained was a particularly nasty and insulting anonymous blog comment. My knee-jerk reaction was to retire my blog and block future anonymous comments. The latter will be permanent policy, but after mulling it over for a few weeks, I’ve decided to continue blogging. As William Blake said, "There is no mistake so great as the mistake of not going on." I'm not trained as a writer. I have a high school diploma and a few years of liberal arts courses. Birding is my passion and I make no apologies for "purest treacle." They're thousands of birding and nature blogs out there, so if you don't enjoy what I think is important, please go somewhere else. Anonymous criticism is utterly spineless and devoid of merit. Never again will I compromise my thoughts or feelings in fear of criticism directed at me or my blog.

Link: Learning from Dave Winer

Link: John Gabriel's Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory

© 2009 Mike McDowell