4.01.2016

We Are Anonymous



Just who is the Anonymous eBirder of Dane County? Why does she/he want to eBird anonymously when nearly all birders feel perfectly safe and secure putting their name alongside their Wisconsin bird observations? Who or what is Anonymous hiding from?

I can't remember exactly when Anonymous started birding in southern Wisconsin, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen him/her in the field ... yet. However, had I stayed with the Say's Phoebe a little longer on Tuesday, perhaps I would have gotten a glimpse of Anonymous. But this raises the question: would I have even known it was her/him? More chillingly ... perhaps she/he was already there, watching me watch the phoebe.

Otherwise there are too few clues to go on. Sometimes a checklist includes a comment or two, or perhaps a few documentation photos. Sadly, it's never quite enough to decipher the enigma that is Anonymous of Dane County.



We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Checklists.