7.20.2018

Quick Update!


Blue Grosbeak

I had a work obligation last weekend and then I came down with a nasty virus this week, so I haven't been out and about since the trip to Horicon NWR. I had a sustained body temperature of 102.5 for two days, so I was pretty uncomfortable. I'm mostly recovered, but I might stick close to home this weekend to rest up. Perhaps I'll photograph insects and wildflowers along Deer Creek in my neighborhood. The forecast is calling for rain on Saturday, but Sunday's weather looks decent. I have to say, I'd really like to get out somewhere because I'm rather tired of my apartment!

In local birding news, Jim Frank found a Blue Grosbeak at Spring Green Preserve on July 4th. Since then several other birders have relocated the bird, most recently reported on the 15th. Apparently, there are two! (Where were they during the TNC field trip!?) The photograph above was taken at the preserve several years ago, which I think perfectly captures is essence. I got good spotting scope views of this species last year at the preserve, but it was a bit too far to digiscope.

That's all for now!

Blue Grosbeak © 2018 Mike McDowell