12.21.2007

Snowy Owl Video



When I remember to, I like to take video of interesting or rare birds through my digiscoping rig. This is a short video of a Snowy Owl from a few years ago along Pheasant Branch Road, a few miles north of Middleton. I found this particular owl on my way home from work one evening in January of 2005.

"Science will never isolate or explain the special hold birds have on the hearts of men and women. But perhaps in trying to understand birds, we somehow feel closer to grasping the mystery of our own creation and evolution. Perhaps there is a bit of the migrant in each of us, and birds symbolize the freedom we envy but can rarely find. Of one thing I am sure: In our awe at the mystery and wonder of birds, at those powers so far beyond our understanding, we fell a humility that all too seldom graces the human spirit."

- Allen Fisher

Snowy Owl video © 2007 Mike McDowell