5.18.2008

Beautiful Places


Baxter's Hollow

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday birding with Sylvia, Dottie and Mark at natural areas in Dane, Sauk, Iowa and Rock Counties. Though I do the majority of my birding at Pheasant Branch Conservancy, there are places in Wisconsin within an hour's drive of Waunakee that are simply too beautiful to miss this time of year. Though we found 100 bird species, the only digiscoping I did was a video of a Hooded Warbler at Baxter's Hollow - it was a real treat to watch. With so many birds, wildflowers, insects, scenic vistas, creeks and waterfalls; it's difficult to know what to write and I'm too tired to put much energy into this rather diminutive post.


Spring Green Prairie


Governor Dodge State Park


Hooded Warbler

Images and video © 2008 Mike McDowell