Monday, March 08, 2010

Trolls



Anonymous wrote:

"Disappointed that you would drive this far to see a bird. I hope you understand how this kind of behavior is what contributes to the destruction of these same birds."

Was it something I said or something I did?
Did my words not come out right?
Though I tried not to hurt you, though I tried
But I guess that's why they say...
Every blog has its trolls
Just like every night has it's dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every blog has its trolls


Yeah it does.

5 comments:

  1. And I thought you got rid of anonymous posts just to avoid this kind of aggravation. I'm sure this person must group me with homocidal maniacs because I've traveled outside the country to see birds (and other amazing things).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The setting was reset when I changed to blogspot. I haven't turned it off again just yet, but it sure didn't take long!

    Mike M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a backyard bird watcher, and I love your blog! And also your dedication to educating other people on the importance of preserving and admiring these wonderful creatures. Yes, there insensitive people out there who will destroy wildlife in order to gain satisfaction from somehow "obtaining" it... but anyone who's paid attention to your blog knows your respect for the environment. And, for some of us who can't get out much due to health/cost/time reasons-- these beautiful photographs are as close as we'll ever be to some of these animals.

    Trolls think they have soooo much power because they are free to post anonymously. Well, there are a lot of anonymous people who admire your passion as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like the posted (like you) really cares about birds. Maybe they could have worded their comment a little better.

    Don't let it get to you. Keep the birds coming!

    ReplyDelete