8.08.2012

Digiscoping the Moon



I'm pretty pleased with moon photographs I've been capturing with my Swarovski scope and Nikon V1 the past few mornings; it almost makes me want to get back into astrophotography. The Earth's moon was the first celestial object I photographed with a Yashica film SLR attached to my Celestron 8” SCT back in 1998. I became hooked on photography the moment I saw the results from my first roll of film showing neat crater detail. As impressed as I was back then, even a considerably smaller aperture telescope and contemporary digital camera totally blows those results away. I'll have to get some type of adapter to connect the V1 to my C8, especially if I want to photograph the planets. Perhaps I'll attempt some longer exposure deep sky shots at some point.

The Moon © 2012 Mike McDowell