Monday, April 27, 2015

Quiet



I wasn't even going to carry my camera. It was pretty quiet in the morning and it carried over into the evening. I saw Jim O'Brien coming from the opposite direction and we agreed ... it was quiet. There wasn't even a single Yellow-rumped Warbler. However, other subjects soon began to appear out of light and reflections of light—translucent leaves, thousands of tiny flies. Then the Barred Owl called and a Belted Kingfisher rattled over to its perch above the creek, breaking the silence for a short time. The quiet was utterly enjoyable and even a Wood Duck was quiet for a change. The soundless sun sank into the west and in hushed tones the critters under the moon told me to return in the morning.

Naturally, I will.

















All images © 2015 Mike McDowell

2 comments:

  1. Those 3 bird photos are breathtaking - esp the Barred Owl. I put him on my desktop. Wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    "The soundless sun sank into the west and in hushed tones the critters under the moon told me to return in the morning. Naturally, I will. - "

    ReplyDelete