Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Out of Action!



I haven't been physically well enough to hit the field recently on account of coming down with a nasty virus ― I was in bed all weekend with a 102 fever. Anyway, I thought I should share something new, like these previously unpublished photographs of Ghost Tiger Beetles Ellipsoptera lepida. I don't think I'll be making a road trip to see this particular species this year, but perhaps an opportunity will yet present itself.

As fall bird migration is already underway, I will be publishing my field trip schedule soon. I will be leading an NRF tiger beetle field trip at Spring Green Preserve in September, but it's already full. For open birding events, there will be a few creek corridor warbler walks and sparrow excursions at the prairie parcel of Pheasant Branch Conservancy. I believe there will also be a field trip at Pope Farm Conservancy. Last December's Northern Shrike field trip was successful, so I think I'll try that again, too.

For now, I need rest!













All images © 2017 Mike McDowell

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, Mike!

    Thanks for all the great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the beetles on their pebble background are amazing, Mike. Thinking of you...summer viruses: oooo, bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog for the past several months and like it and your photos very much. Will look forward to seeing your field trip schedule. I'm in Michigan, I think you are in Wisconsin - but would be neat to consider a trip to our sister (?) state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care and feel better soon! Thanks so much for all the great photos and inspirational posts!

    ReplyDelete