12.03.2008

Backyard Birds



I haven't had much birding news to share on my blog lately. I last birded Pheasant Branch on November 27th and found 34 species, including White-throated Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow, Swamp Sparrow, and Fox Sparrow. It's snowing today, but not enough for snowshoeing yet. In backyard birding news, I've put out nyjer, black-oil sunflower, suet, and peanut halves at my apartment feeders. This has attracted regular visits by American Goldfinches, House Finches, Pine Siskins, Northern Cardinals, Black-capped Chickadees, White-breasted Nuthatches, Downy Woodpeckers, and Dark-eyed Juncos. I'm hoping that the Tufted Titmice across the street at Pheasant Branch will notice my feeders soon. Other apartment birds since I've moved include Yellow-rumped Warbler, White-throated Sparrow, American Robin, American Crow, Red-tailed Hawk, and Cooper's Hawk.

© 2008 Mike McDowell