1.27.2021

Dinosaurs!

"The thing we can learn from the extinction of dinosaurs is that a random event in the universe can wipe us out. It does not matter whether we do the right things or not. The universe is neither benevolent nor hostile. It is thoroughly indifferent."

― Rajesh
Another side interest I developed during the past year or so is acquiring uber-realistic toy dinosaurs. My favorites are the ones made by Papo, but Schleich comes in a close second. Ultimately, it's my intent to acquire a large table and construct a cool dino-diorama. I also enjoy photographing them using my Thunderbolt Monitor to display a background image as you see here. Like any collector, once you get going it's kind of hard to stop ― a new one comes out and I just have to have it! As nifty as I find these, I would have been enthralled beyond belief to have these when I was a kid. I was fortunate to see the Sinclair Dinosaur Exhibit during the 1960s. Though I couldn't have been more than a few years old at the time, I still remember seeing the life-size thunder lizards. They left an indelible impression and I couldn't get enough of all things dinosaur. 
All images © 2021 Mike McDowell