9.27.2021

Two Strat Builds!

"The whole point of collecting is the thrill of acquisition, which must be maximized, and maintained at all costs."

― John Baxter
So, here's what happened ...

Just a few days after I submitted the order for my black Fender Stratocaster at the Mod Shop, they added an option for a solid rosewood neck. Though I tried in vain, they wouldn't let me modify the build. They state as much in their service agreement that once an order is placed, it cannot be changed. What a bummer! Anyway, I really wanted the new neck and headstock, so I found an excellent home for the first build and sold it! So, the above guitar will soon be on its way. 

But there's more ...

I always wanted a 70s-style CBS large headstock and I almost went with a Jimi Hendrix Woodstock replica, but came up with this Stratocaster build instead. I rendered it in a variety of colors, but settled on this fantastic Inca Silver guitar with a maple neck and fretboard. It'll have the classic tuners and the basic 2-point bridge and tremolo, and Alder body. 
These will do. I don't think I'll acquire any more custom builds, but I suppose it all depends on features they make available at the Mod Shop. Honestly, though I say it now, I really can't see myself purchasing yet another Stratocaster ― I don't even play the 50s white, the Eric Johnson signature series, or the Dark Night Professional II guitars. My favorites to play continues to be the Stratocaster Ultra I first purchased almost two years ago, and also my 75th Anniversary Strat. My cherry red American Standard was on loan to a friend, but it's now back in my lineup.
All images © 2021 Mike McDowell