8.06.2022

Hello Martin!

"There's something about approaching universal truths with the simplicity of the acoustic guitar. You can take it anywhere, and it helps me reach listeners of all ages and walks of life."

― Jim Croce
I never owned a quality acoustic guitar until now. This is my new Martin 00-15M Series, mahogany construction and satin finish. I recall years ago purchasing an acoustic from a friend, but I don't recall the model or what happened to it. An ex-girlfriend gave me an a used Burswood, but it was very poor quality and I ultimately gave it away. Dave's had a 00-15M on their website a couple weeks back, and I had my eye on it, but  it sold and I felt a little bad about missing out on it. But then a week later another one went up so I immediately grabbed it.
This guitar is great for messing around with blues progressions and ballads. I'm not much of a jazz player, but it would be excellent for that as well. There's no fuss or setup or plugging in ― you just pick it up off the stand and play it ... so relaxing. But what if I start to prefer it over electric? What will I do with all those Stratocasters? First-world problems, to be sure. This is a lovely instrument and I'm really happy with the joy it brings to my meager existence.
I'm not sure how much nature stuff I'll do this weekend. Today's weather is swelteringly hot and humid, and they're calling for thunderstorms tomorrow ― we do need the rain again. Perhaps it'll end up just being a good weekend for strumming the blues. 

All images © 2022 Mike McDowell