1.29.2023

Build? Build!

How to build an electric guitar:

1. Find some wood blanks for the body, neck, etc.
2. Build the rest of the fucking guitar.
Remember this one?

 

Inspiration!

I'm contemplating building an electric guitar from almost scratch. Presently, I'm researching availability of body cuts for SSS, HSS, and HSH with respect to bridge and trem options. I'm heavily leaning Seymour Duncan pickups again on account of how much I like the ones I put on the Ultra Gold Guitar. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with SD's JB Humbucker (gold) again. So, I'm thinking of a black Stratocaster with gold hardware. While I could modify my original Black Strat, I don't really want to change that guitar. MOD Shop it? Well, doing a complete build on my own would save around $1,000.00 to $1,500.00. I'm just not sure what level I want to start at in terms of the body and neck ― to paint or not to paint, that is the question. After the Ultra Gold project, I have a much better idea where to get all of the components and parts I'll need. I've put together a parts and availability spreadsheet and once I have that completed I'll have a better idea which direction to go.

I did not go birding this weekend, but I'm sure the Reliables did.