3.15.2012

Nikon V1 for Digiscoping



Though I've not used it personally, many expert digiscopers are embracing the Nikon V1 as the next “hot” digital camera for digiscoping. The camera is a little pricey around $850.00 at most stores I've checked, but there are probably deals out there to find one for less. The 10mm to 30mm lens that's included will work fine, but to attach the V1 to a DCA style adapter you'll need a 40.5-52mm step ring. Otherwise, the V1 will mount to any number of bracket style adapters like the Swarovski UCA. It also will probably work with a DCA and VX-PS 100 combination as well [No. It won't work per Kevin Bolton], but I haven't confirmed this yet. I'm still slogging away with my trusty Nikon Coolpix 8400, but the Nikon V1 is probably the digital camera I would buy today if I needed a new one for digiscoping.